‘Why would you choose hate over love? It’s so much easier to be kind and to love people. So why wouldn’t you just chose that?’
This week’s guest discusses how one tiny guitar led him to becoming an award-winning sing-songwriter. Ryan talks about being one of the first trans youths to come out on American national television, and how his Faith has been an integral part of the love he feels both to the outside world and most importantly, to himself.
- Support the pod at Patreon and gain access to exclusive interviews with every guest.
- Let’s chat about #QueerMusic on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Ryan's homepage.
- Ryan on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Insta.
- Ryan's music: YouTube, Bandsintown, Apple Music, Soundcloud, Spotify
- Resources for trans, non-binary, gender diverse and LGB people from TransEDU, Supportline and London Friend.
- What the bible says about homosexuality, from TED-X.
- Natalie Merchant performing Wonder.
- Why feminists should support transgender rights, from TED-X.
‘When I grew up in the 1980s I almost never heard pop songs where openly gay men sang about their truths,’ says presenter and producer Dan Hall. ‘But these days there are plenty of songs where openly Queer men sing their truths. This podcast aims to celebrate those musicians and raise the profile of their music so we can feel connected, heard and not alone.’
To hear the Series 1 30s promo, please click here.
Earlier highlights include Carrington Kelso, Brendan Maclean, Emmet Michael, Matt Fishel, Bowie Special with Janette Mason & David McAlmont, The IZM, Tom Goss, Rebel Will, Jsky, Blake Mundell, Aruan Duvall, Vincent DiGeronimo, and the Black Queer America specials (Part 1 and Part 2).