Pop Rock singer Matt Fishel discusses British Queer Suburbia and his own upbringing in Nottingham which featured its fair share of bullying, sex, Nirvana and Prince.
He shares his thoughts on the loss of his first boyfriend, Queer culture’s obsession with youth and the music industry’s insistence that he silence the Queer messaging in his music.
- Episode Transcription.
- Matt's Spotify playlist featuring his songs from this episode and his five tracks to save from Armageddon.
- Matt’s forever home.
- Matt on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Support for those encountering bullying: BBC, Stonewall
- Grief support advice from Stonewall.
- How I Found My Voice podcast with Paloma Faith.
- In the Key of Q composer Paul Leonidou’s online home.
Please subscribe to the podcast, rate and review. And spread the word! And do keep your eyes peeled for Matt's new album that's on the way.
You can find us on Twitter and Instagram and join the community over on Facebook.